- Upcoming Events
- Past Events
- Members Only
What is Law Firm and Corporate Membership?
Members are law firms and other interested parties committed to the promotion of women in the law, which seek to enhance the support they offer to their women lawyers by facilitating their access to targeted educational events, networking and mentoring opportunities. Law Firm and Corporate members wish to demonstrate their commitment by providing AWLL with financial support or hosting AWLL events. In turn, Law Firm and Corporate members enhance their reputation in the legal community by supporting AWLL.
Cost for 2016 Membership
Number of members appointed Annual cost (GBP)
What are the benefits of Law Firm and Corporate membership?
- All standard membership benefits
- Access: Access to the members-only content of the AWLL website for all members appointed at your firm.
- Business development: AWLL events and membership expose women to business development opportunities, including access to in-house lawyers.
- Centralised billing: One invoice/one payment will be sent to the main contact person or designated person within your organization.
- Communications: Automatic email notices will be sent to the main contact person and additional designated persons within your organization.
- Directory: AWLL membership directory listing of the firm and highlighted listing of up to 15 women in the individual section of the member directory.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Opportunity to demonstrate your firm’s support for women in the law.
- Events: Free delegate passes for 5-15 (please see table above) of your appointed lawyers for each AWLL event. The annually appointed delegates will simply register as “firm membership” and attend all events for free.
- Hosting privileges: The firm and corporate membership would give those businesses which hold it the opportunity to host events at their offices.
- Leadership: AWLL offers opportunities to even its newest members, giving each member a chance to hone the very skills that are important to success in the workplace.
- Marketing: AWLL website listing as a significant supporter; 1/4 page advertisement in the AWLL newsletter; the opportunity to link to the AWLL website; opportunity to provide information about your firm, areas of practice, recruitment, etc. at AWLL events.
- Networking: AWLL brings women together at its events, which offers face-to-face interaction and opportunities to discuss best practices for diversity and inclusion at our places of work.
- Professional development: Making AWLL membership available demonstrates your firm’s understanding of the need for women professionals to have access to strong networks in the profession and complements the firm’s internal women’s initiative.
- Recruitment: Post job openings at your firm to AWLL members.
- Referrals: AWLL strives to connect its individual members with its firm members who fit their needs.
Who is eligible?
Any Law Firm or Corporate which:
– Has employees licensed to practice law in a U.S. state or other ties to the U.S. legal community;
– Does business in or near London; and
– Supports the goals and aims of AWLL
For more information, please email the Membership Director at email@example.com